A Family In Sydney’s South West Has Lost Their Home & Business In A Vicious Fire

They are recovering in hospital

A Family In Sydney’s South West Has Lost Their Home & Business In A Vicious Fire

Image Credit: Nine News

A Sydney family is lucky to be alive after they were woken up to the sound of smoke alarms in the early hours of the morning.

Within minutes of waking up, every room in the house was covered with thick black smoke.

Firefighters were called to the home in Lurnea just after 6.30 this morning, once they arrived the family had managed to escape unharmed, but their house could not be saved.

Post

 

Their home was also used as a childcare business. Thankfully, there were no young children inside the property at the time of the fire. 

Firefighters have spent the day trying to find the cause of the fire.

They believe that the fire started in the garage from one of two heaters. 

Post

The family is currently recovering in Liverpool hospital as a precaution due to smoke inhalation

;